cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update RabbitMQ config after Hub is installed?

I have the Hub installed but I see some issues with the RabbitMQ user that I entered when the Hub was installed.

How can I update the RabbitMQ user details now to a new user?

In programs and features, I do not see a program modify option to change this parameter.

Below is my error with RabbitMQ

11880.png

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead
5 REPLIES 5

JacobClary
Staff
Staff

Hello Tejaskumar, I hope you are doing well. 

Depending on how far into your Hub environment you are, it is likely easier to reinstall Hub with the correct RabbitMQ configuration. Changing it requires a lot of manual file editing using the Data Protector tool, downloadable here. So while it is possible to go through and manually decrypt, change, and re-encrypt the files, it would likely be easier to do a reinstall. 

I hope this information is helpful! 

Jacob Clary
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism

Okay, but the reinstall procedure mentioned is also pretty long. It is not just the Hub app uninstall and reinstall.
All the other configuration steps(IIS, Rabbit, AppPool, hosts, certificate, etc) which were done during installation also need to be undone manually by the user end to end to completely uninstall the hub !

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

I have done the reinstallation, it won't take much longer time. All the steps will replace the existing configuration so you don't need to change anything manually. Dont uninstall it try to repair the installation if it doesn't help. Try uninstall and install.

Abhishek Kumar

Thanks, Abhishek for your guidance.

There is no repair option with Hub in programs,
11876.png
And I thought about the re-running Hub installer but was not sure if that is the right way because the guide states you need to undo all components step by step before doing a reinstall.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Hi,

shift and right click in BluePrismHub-4.6.msi file will give you option for repair. If no luck, uninstall and install also will not take much time and will overwrite existing db and existing setting of HUB.

Abhishek Kumar