cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIA spying is fairly slow

WesGrey
Level 3
For several applications I've used, such as Longview Tax, it seems like UI Automation is the only mode I can realistically use (HTML, AA, and surface automation aren't feasible). If this were a website in HTML mode, BP would pick them up instantaneously. However, it seems like it takes fairly long for UIA to recognize my elements. For example, it can take 10-15 seconds for a verified element to pass the wait stage, then another 10-15 seconds to Navigate/click that same element. I've played around with the attributes, and the attributes I'm selecting/deselecting don't seem to speed things up any faster. Is there anything else I could be doing, perhaps beyond the attributes or elsewhere within the application model or object studio, to speed up the process?
6 REPLIES 6

MadhurTelang
Level 2
Hi, I am facing the same issue with Taleo application (same result with AA, UIA). HTML mode won't work because the whole application is flash based. When I try to spy the elements during design, the engine freezes for 10-15 secs and then start recognizing elements. The same delay happens during debug. We have done some previous Taleo implementations and never faced this issue. Also tried various compatibility options in IE and also tried other browsers. I am sure this is not BluePrism issue and something to do with IE setting. It's just I do not know what is causing the delay in spying.

XianglingLiu
Level 3
I faced the same issue. HTML mode works fine, but UIA mode is fairly slow while spying IE browser. Can anyone help?

DaveMorris
Level 14
UIA is just slow, I think because it's got more controls to look through than AA did. Have you tried using Match Index? It might be more efficient since it should use the first element it comes across as matching the attributes rather than searching the entire document to verify there is only one that matches.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

AtsukiMitsuyori
Level 3
It is better to check the ""Match Index"" attribute.

Hi,

Iam also facing the same issue. I have even checked "Matchindex". Still it is taking around 15 secs to identify one element.
Any help is much appreciated

Regards

------------------------------
Naga Prasanthi Ch
AST
TCS
Asia/Kolkata

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hi, have you tried checking Match Reverse as well?
Sometimes, if the control is towards the bottom half of the screen, Reverse can help the bot get there fairly quickly in comparison to unchecking that attribute.

Harpreet Kaur