cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Attach" Performance Issues

MaxMcConchie
Level 5
Hi,

I have noticed that the very first "Attach" is generally very slow, in the realm of 3 to 5 seconds. Subsequent attaches are then as quick as expected.
This occurs for all applications, SAP, websites, windows, etc.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? The infrastructure is generally the same set up as I have been involved in with other organisations and I have never had this problem.

Thanks

------------------------------
Max McConchie
Automation Manager
Australian Government Department of Finance
5 REPLIES 5

david.l.morris
Level 14
I'm not sure what would cause Attach to be slow as I also haven't encountered that, though I don't know that I've really tracked it or paid close attention to that. But the subsequent attaches being fast may be that the object is still attached so it is going over the Attach page logic (if it's referenced as a subpage) but it is only checking and finding that it's already attached. Could that be the case?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

​Hi Dave,

Yes that's correct. It's quite a hinderance to performance, especially when we are attaching/detaching multiple times in a process.

Thanks

Max McConchie
Automation Manager

Never noticed issue with performance around Attach, are you using any-kind of privilege management or antivirus software?

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

​Yes we have enterprise antivirus software. I'm not sure how that would affect an attach.

Max McConchie
Automation Manager

​We aren't even purposely tracking it as it is blatantly obvious that it is slow. I was even being optimistic about 3 to 5 seconds as we have experienced up to 10 seconds at times.

Max McConchie
Automation Manager