cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable spy the adobe acrobat screen while logging in

PraveenSenguttu
Level 2
Hello community,
 I need to convert my PDF file to Excel on my blue prism using adobe acrobat pro dc. When I try to convert using adobe acrobat, a screen appears asking me for my credentials.I am unable to spy that window to enter my credentials in this instance.  

------------------------------
Praveen Senguttuvan
5 REPLIES 5

Is the pdf document a scanned one? If not, there's a PDF to Excel converter that @Michael ONeil has developed and available on DX https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/122031/solution/pdf-to-excel-converter ​​

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Praveen - take a look in Task Manager as I have a memory that logging into Acrobat can involve more than one exe (eg AASIapp.exe, PDapp.exe). Your VBO is probably attached to the Acrobat.exe, meaning it can't spy anything belonging to a different exe. If this is the case then you'll need a VBO for each exe.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

@K.shashank SHASHANK 
This was not a scanned document, but in my case I am not permitted to use the pdf to excel converter. Is there another way to accomplish this?  

Praveen Senguttuvan

Hi Praveen - You can go with John Carter's suggestion to spy the windows.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Praveen

I quick solution might be to open the pdf in word and then try to copy the information from the file into excel. Is there a company restriction on you using the converter or is it a download restriction? I can send you the vbo directly if you want.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London