cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Get the Check box State

rahulchaudhary1
Level 3
Hello All,

I have a web application which has multiple check box along with the labels. The process involves checking the state of one of the check box if the respective check box is checked then uncheck it.

Example 

Check box 1 ABC
Check box 2 DEF
Check box 3 GHI

Bot will check if the check box 2 is checked or not , if it is checked then uncheck it and end the process.

Issue :-
1) When i tried to spy the check box along with the label the element type is "Web Element", i manually changed it to "Check Box" and the data type also gets changed to "Flag". Then using the "Read" stage used the "Get Check State" method to fetch the state of the check box , but the value is always "False" even if the check box is checked or unchecked.

2) When i tried to spy the checkbox i.e only the square box without the label , the element type is "Button" and the data type is "Text" there is only one option in the Element Type drop down which is "Web Element" and hence cannot perform any relevant operations to get the state.

Can anyone please provide the solution to this problem :- "How to check the state of the check box and based on the state perform the Unchecking option"

Regards,
Rahul

------------------------------
rahul chaudhary
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Rahul

If you cant use check state do you have the option of using read value? this might give you value you need. I was wondering though if the checkbox should always be unchecked? is so then do you need to get the current state cant you just write False to the check box since this would make no change if its already unchecked but would uncheck it if it is checked.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

KristaJames
Level 3

I had a similar situation with an SAP Ariba web page. I couldn't use the read stage with Get Check State because it always showed "False" as well.
I suggest you spy at least the first three or 4 rows of the checkboxes with a certain spy mode, such as HTML. Compare all of the elements for each row to find where the difference is. I noticed a difference with the Parent aY and Match Index with one set of checkboxes. In another set of checkboxes I found it using AA spy mode and the difference was in the aX.

Krista James

tonylchavez
Staff
Staff
Hello Rahul,
Just to chime in as well, this may be a good time to use the application modeler.  There is a video in the KB link below outlining how it can sometimes help to find elements you are having trouble spying. 

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Studio/Application-Modeller/1401287562/How-do-I-use-the-Blue-Prism-Application-Navigator.htm

Tony Chavez
Solution Support Engineer
Blue Prism
America/Chicago

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.
I tried the "Get Current Value" option it returns the Label value example it returns "DEF".
also by anyway if we get the flag value True or False we can set it check box to "False" always, but am not getting the Flag value.
is there any other way we can achieve it ?

Regards,
Rahul

rahul chaudhary

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply !

I have already tried doing it in the Application Navigation there are only two elements 1) Button 2) Text . Don't see check box anywhere.

Any further help would be appreciated. 

Regards,
Rahul

rahul chaudhary

Hi Krista,

Tried comparing few other check boxes but there are no difference in the attributes except for the Path and the ID.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rahul

rahul chaudhary