Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Invoke Subscribers

EmmaBurns
Level 4
​Hi,

I keep running in to this error but I'm unsure as to what is causing it -

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Click Job Collection' on page 'Job Wizard' - An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201)

My Navigate stage is to click on a button within an in-house piece of software. The button has been spied in UIA mode, and the actual Press action is being passed to the software as the next window appears, but BP doesn't seem to register this, and throws the error every time.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to resolving this?

Thanks,

Emma.

------------------------------
Emma Burns
Ground Control Ltd
Europe/London
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
When doing this, prior clicking event, maybe is safe to check if the robot is attached to the object parent window of the combo box.Create a flag with false and a decision stage, if is attached/activated and then if Yes--do the click if No--retry. You can put a i++ stage to increase the value plus 1 and then to retry for e.g. 5 times till an error is to be thrown.

Ionut Cohen
RPA Developer
Luxoft Romania
Europe\Bucharest

​I'm definitely attached, but I have tried anyway and had no difference.

I also ran in to the same error message when spying - when I pressed highlight on an element that I use in an existing process, I got the "An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201)" error message, but the process runs through fine when passed to the Runtime resource.

I haven't seen this error in any of my other objects, only on this in-house software - could it be something to do with how it's built?

Emma Burns
Ground Control Ltd
Europe/London

Anonymous
Not applicable
if there are Inputs/Outputs, maybe in Object Stage you can add a current value. Sometimes Object Stage requires different variables to run etc.

Ionut Cohen
RPA Developer
Luxoft Romania
Europe\Bucharest

KristinaBrend
Level 3
Did you find a solution here?

Kristina Brend
Advisor
Webstep
Europe/Oslo

I'm also getting this issue intermittently. Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Stephen Doherty
RPA Lead
Allen & Overy
Europe/London

I managed to get around it by changing the action from a Click to a Press or the other way round.

Maybe try that?

Emma Burns
Ground Control Ltd
Europe/London

I has the same issue and switching from "press" to "click" helped.
Thanks for the advice.

Stanislava Skřipská Tlustá

Hello All,

I am facing the same issue. Please see below details.

Exception Detail : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Click CloseDownload' on page 'Download MenuActivity' - An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201)

I am trying to spy  below highlighted cross button of download  bar in chrome.

27985.png
I am using UIA mode. Error is coming in first stage and action is Focus.

27987.png

Any solution for this.

Thanks in advance!

Sanskar Sahu

Hi Sanskar,

Have you tried to put a wait stage before this action. This exception message can occur if your target element has not loaded properly or if it's schema is corrupted somehow while deciphering the attributes. You can try to induce a small delay before this and check once.

Another thing can be that sometimes some actions may not be compatible with the element that you are trying to automate here. Can you try to change the element type from the application modeler once and see how it goes from there?

27990.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com