cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to click 'Keep' button on downloads popup

rabbanir
Level 3

Hi,

When clicking a link in the target application (a web based application which I access through msedge) the downloads popup shows asking if I want to keep the file or delete the file:
35713.pngI want the bot to click the keep button so that it downloads, unfortunately I can't seem to get it to click it.

I cannot spy the window in browser mode so I spied in UI mode, however when running the action the element cannot be identified. 

I also tried in surface automation and get the following exception when it tried to 'global mouse click centre' on the keep button:
35714.png
If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about this it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Raheel - Just wanted to understand if you are able to spy (Windows Mode) the outer window of the pop up - If yes then Activate that window - Focus on the element "Keep" and then send the click/press through navigate.

If not- as above stated in this thread - use global send keys but make sure to activate the application the outer window of browser - Use Focus for the element "Keep" and then send the global send key with an arbitrary pause.

Regards,

Mukesh

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yeswa_VaibhavNe
Level 3

Hi Raheel,

One more option you can try as last attempt is to use send keys.

i.e., Select the near by button which can be spied properly and use the windows keys such as (Up/Down/Left/Right) or Tab to see whether it properly navigates to the keep button or not. Check this manually first and if it is working you can use this.

pls let me know in case of any queries or if I am missing something.

Regards,

Vaibhav.

harish.m
Level 12

As other member mentioned you can try different options Like Global send keys/ Send Key events, I will probably use focus  while using the other actions.

One more options is to avoid this kind of pop up you might change your settings but it will not be recommended based on org security policies,

I have used global send keys/ Global send key events in the past, That would definitely work.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Raheel - Just wanted to understand if you are able to spy (Windows Mode) the outer window of the pop up - If yes then Activate that window - Focus on the element "Keep" and then send the click/press through navigate.

If not- as above stated in this thread - use global send keys but make sure to activate the application the outer window of browser - Use Focus for the element "Keep" and then send the global send key with an arbitrary pause.

Regards,

Mukesh

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

rabbanir
Level 3

Thanks Everyone. Turns out when I spied the downloads window in windows mode I didn't spy the outer window correctly (had to move my mouse ever so slightly to capture it). Works now with activating the window and clicking in UI mode. Thanks Mukesh for suggesting spying the outer window.