cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find elements spied in UIA mode on Chrome Browser.

Pranav
Level 3

Hi,

While designing a process I have spied the element in UIA mode (Chrome Browser) on the 1st server having the following configuration: PS:- The process is running fine on the 1st server.

• OS – Windows 10 Pro
  • .Net Version – 4.8.04084
  • Chrome Browser Version - 91.0.4472.124
  • Blue Prism - 6.9
  • Chrome Blue Prism Extension - 2.2.0
But I am unable to find the same UIA elements that are spied on 1st server when I am trying to run the above process on the 2nd server having the following configuration:

• OS - Windows 2019 Server
  • .Net Version – 4.7.03190
  • Chrome Browser Version - 91.0.4472.124
  • Blue Prism - 6.9
  • Chrome Blue Prism Extension - 2.2.0
I am facing difficulty to understand what may be the reason for this issue since the Chrome browser and Blue prism chrome extension version are same for both the servers.

------------------------------
Pranav
SE
Infosys
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Pranav,

The difference might be in the attributes selection as well. Can you please share the attributes which you were using on 1st server.​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon

EVIPUTI
MVP
UIA mode is comparatively slow than other modes because it's got more controls to look through than AA did. One should do a smart selection of attributes when using UIA mode,  Have you tried using Match Index there ? 

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

DaveMorris
Level 14
Have you verified that UIA mode is working at all on the 2nd server? And are you using the startup flag when launching to enable accessibility? --force-renderer-accessibility

I've found that UIA mode will automatically work on some machines on some browsers. I'm sure there's an explanation for this, but I don't know what it is. Best to explicitly enable accessibility by using the flag.

If you are already using that flag when launching, then the easiest way to identify what is different between the two is to open Application Modeller on the 2nd server, spy the same element again, and then compare the attributes between the 1st and 2nd servers. If you don't have access to the 2nd server to open in DEBUG mode, then that'll be more difficult to troubleshoot.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA