cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to identify / spy elements on a Oracle forms based browser applicaton

CuneytYildiz1
Level 2
A Oracle based forms application cannot identified as its elements with any spy actions of BluePrism as Win32, Java, HTML and even with Region mode. Java Access Bridge installation is done accordingly and also the application is running with 32-bit. So, the Java version of the computer is installed as 32 bit but the computer has 64-bit OS. When trying to identify window of the application Region mode gives error and cannot identify and spy the elements as windows, log in and password buttons of the application. How can be the possible solution for this problem? The screenshot is attached. Much appreciated for the solvings. Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

GopalBhaire
Level 10
I see no screenshot attached. You can try attaching an running instance of your application in app modeller>application wizard. (Do not launch the app using modeller) Also see that 'Restrict to non-invasive automation technique is checked'

YogeshMhatre
Level 2
We are also facing the same issue. Did you got any solution. Appreciate your quick response.

SatendraSingh
Level 2
Could you please help here, if the mentioned issue is resolved

remko.bouwens
Level 5
How are you launching it? If it's already launched you can try to attach it via the correct window and process name (worth a try).

YogeshMhatre
Level 2
even though I attach browser(IE) i.e. racle forms, It is not spying element from Oracle Java based forms

Anonymous
Not applicable
what you may have to do is look at creating 2 separate business objects that interact with different aspects of your process. If you have a browser interacting BO that will get you to the stages of the Oracle forms being present, then have a Java business object that interacts with the forms, you may find that this works. If you need a more detailed walk through, please just ask. Let me know how you get on. Thanks, Jimmy

CuneytYildiz1
Level 2
Hello, We solved the issue and could deal with the application by using Surface Automation. The main approach is getting all things done about Java applications of PC. Firstly, you have to install Jinitiator software used to launch the Oracle Forms application. You have to install JInitiator 1.3.x besides with the Java Access Bridge 2.0.1. Most importantly you have to delete all things related to Java from PC. There must be no Java version in PC. After these, you can follow the ""Manuel Installation"" part of ""BP Java Access Bridge"" document. Copying .dll files to the right directories is just enough for the process. JInitiator will hep to integrate with Oracle Forms. If you need the details, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks, Cuneyt

Hi, I am facing the same issue while trying to spy Oracle forms, could you please guide me through the process ? Thanks, Ritesh

Mitra_vindaGovi
Level 3
Does Oracle Forms only work only with Surface Automation? Any other mode are we able to spy element.