cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to perform 'Get Collection' action in 'Data - SQL Server' VBO

sneha_komatinen
Level 2
I intend to do the following: 1. Connect to BluePrism Database from Process Studio 2. Execute certain query 3. Retrieve the output as a collection Able to connect successfully to database but facing below error at 'get collection' stage -- Internal : Unexpected error Can't convert System.Guid to a Blue Prism data type. I have tried 'Get CSV/Get CSV file' actions - which are working fine. Could you please help with this error. Let me know if you need any more info.
5 REPLIES 5

psagar
Level 3
If you are using windows authentication, please do not use username and password in ""Set Connection"" stage. Also write your query without using * symbol(Include column names in query). example:- Select name, id, description from [test].[dbo].[BPAPackage]

Thanks Sagar, yes 'Set connection' stage is working fine. And my query specifies the column list. Problem is specific to 'Get Collection' action. Error as below. Internal : Unexpected error Can't convert System.Guid to a Blue Prism data type.

psagar
Level 3
BluePrism does not support GUID data type. If you have guid column in your query, please exclude that column from the query or you can convert that column into varchar like "" Select name, convert(varchar(50), userid) as userID from [test].[dbo].[BPAPackage]

hassan_chaudhry
Level 2
This error occurs because Blue Prism has specific data types, and Guid isn't one of these, so to get around the issue the code stage needs to be amended so that if a variable is of Guid type, it is first cast to string and then this will be held as a Blue Prism Text type in the collection. Because this involves modifying a VBO provided by Blue Prism, I'd recommend creating a copy and modifying that instead, but when doing so make sure you use the set connection from this ""copy"" object to ensure the global variables are set. Within the code you will need to use specifier D to maintain the same format that Blue Prism uses (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97af8hh4(v=vs.110).aspx)

sneha_komatinen
Level 2
works, thankyou !