cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Untag all the retries of the Item

​Hello All,

Is there a way to Untag all the retries of the Item?

------------------------------
Rajesh Kumar
RPA Developer
Highmark Health
America/Chicago
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Rajesh,

You can use Get Report Data from Internal - Work Queues object to retrieve the items from the work queue. You may also set Treat Each Item Separately? Flag to true to get all retries as separate Items. Then you can you use the Untag Item action to untag the Items.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

ShashiK_R
Level 4
Hi Rajesh,

If you are trying to remove the entries of number of retries made on the specific item in the queue, I think it's not possible to do it. 
If this is not what you are asking for, can you please elaborate the question?

Thanks,

Shashi Kumar
Senior Consultant
PwC
Asia/Dili

​Hi Shashank,

Thank you for the response. I have already tried above before posting.

If four items are retried twice Each Item Separately? True will give me 4 item ID's but the count will be 8 (Current BP version 6.4.2). Untag is working for only for one and retried items are not exactly getting untaged.

We are trying to reduce and remove number tags been used. This is advised by Blueprism to improve performance.

Rajesh Kumar
RPA Developer
America/Chicago

​Hi Shashi,

Thank you for the response. 

I am just trying to untag all the retries of an item(Not delete). If an item is retried 4 times, untag will work only for one of them we will still see tags for other 3 retries of the item in control room. Let me know if you need more info.

Rajesh Kumar
RPA Developer
America/Chicago

Can you add the logic to untag the items before marking them as exception for retries ? 

Perhaps you can add the logic for untagging as the 1st thing you do on the retry Item ? 

Maybe you can untag the items when you are creating a report ?

I don't know when these tags are used and what purpose they serve so it is hard to brainstorm more solutions. 

Jekabs Rutkis
Developer / Dev Lead / Solution Designer
Accenture
Europe/Riga

Jekabs Rutkis [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]

david.l.morris
Level 14
I could be wrong here, but I do not believe that it's possible to retrieve anything but the latest retry of a queue item. Because of that, it should only be possible to untag the most recent exception item. I think it used to be possible, which is why there are some legacy inputs/outputs available in some actions that don't really function correctly or don't function at all. For example, when you mark an item as an exception, there is an output called 'New Item ID', but it will always output the same Item ID that the original item had, at least in newer versions of Blue Prism.

I think the basic reason for this is that items used to get unique IDs even for each retry. I cannot actually remember if that ever worked since I started using BP around v5.0.24. I probably just didn't think about it at the time.

So, I would imagine your workaround options are to either (1) edit the tags in the database if you need to handle existing items or (2) always untag items before marking them as an exception or perhaps as soon as you pick up an item that is being retried. If your goal is to lighten the database, I would consider archiving old Work Queue Items so that they're not bogging down the database, and then at the same time start ensuring that your developers use fewer tags. I'm guessing that there isn't consistency in what is tagged. The basic sort of 101 rule for tagging is that they're intended to be used for management information, and unique data shouldn't be in them.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA