cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to BluePrism v6 broke the JSON VBO

CharlesBaker
Level 3
Hello, I have just upgraded my Blue Prism version to 6 and suddenly the JSON business object has completely stopped working. I have followed the steps outlined in the Knowledge Base to re-install the JSON VBO (I have the .dll in the right folder, etc.) but it still does not work.  When attempting to run the action "JSON to Collection" I get the exception: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)    
4 REPLIES 4

CharlesBaker
Level 3
I have been able to solve this problem by re-importing the Utility-JSON VBO into Blue Prism and overwriting the VBO that was previously there.

KimStroh
Level 2
Tried reimporting the original package we used from 5.0.34 no change to list of compile errors. Also tried unreferencing the Netwonsoft.JSON.dll in the C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\ directory and then adding it back in. Still 8 compile errors. Looking elsewhere for solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even I see 8 compile errors after upgrading to 6.4. Looking to get a solution ASAP.

DaveMorris
Level 14
Did you guys upgrade to the new 'Utility - JSON' VBO? I believe it changed in 6.3. I'm on 6.4 and I have no compile errors using the VBO that came with the 6.4 installation.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA