cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload a Zip File using API in Blueprism

DeekshaBalakris
Level 2
Hi ,

I tried using Webservices to upload a zip file into a cloud instance but it was not successful. But when the same was implemented in post man, we are able to import. Tried every methods suggested in RPA forum, but not getting a proper response for the same.

Could anyone help me out in directing me how to upload a zip file via API through BP into a cloud? Is there a way whether to implement it via C#? Kindly help me out. Any assistance would be appreciated

Thank You!!!

------------------------------
Deeksha Balakrishnan
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Deeksha,

Are you doing a multipart request through POSTMAN? If you can post a screenshot that would help. Also have you considered using Utility - HTTP available on DX so that you don't have to write custom code. The Utility - HTTP now also includes a action for multipart request.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, this is a multipart request. I tried using HTTP-Utility and even that didn't work. Please find the action that has been done in postman. Hope this would help.

17930.png
17931.png
Further, if there is any way we could insert it via raw body, kindly assist me with that as even that would help me to implement in BP.

Deeksha Balakrishnan

Hi Deeksha,

What does you BluePrism Configuration look like and what is the error that you are getting?
Have you configured the FileMetaData collection as below?
FileMetadata.FieldName = package
FileMetadata.FilePath = [Your File Path]

Shashank Kumar
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Yes, I have tried using the below method but even then, its not working. The error is as follows:

{"error":{"code":"V3API_007","message":"Bad Request. Please check your request.","requestId":"4FvzvyK1vbViznVSbFuNSL","details":null}}

Any guidance/assistance on how to send a zip file using API in Blueprism would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Deeksha Balakrishnan

Deeksha Balakrishnan

Hi Deeksha,

Can you check the Content-Type being passed in the POSTMAN request and pass the same in FileMetadata.ContentType. Also set the value in   FileMetadata.FileName.

Shashank Kumar
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Deeksha,

Please see the following updated KB article for more information on your implementation options when dealing with multipart/form-data

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Studio/Visual-Business-Objects/1340043202/How-can-I-work-with-a-multipart-form-data-web-request.htm

When dealing with a binary file, please use an updated version of the Utility - HTTP VBO

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney