cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: ServiceNow API integration with Blue prism Schedules

yaoli
Level 3
Hi All, I want to get all information stored in a Schedules##### with ServiceNow .
Could you please let us know how to do ?

------------------------------
yao li
Yao Li Senior system engineer Accenture DaLian China
6 REPLIES 6

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Yao.

Please provide more information as I am uncertain as to what you are asking for.

However, if you look at the API documentation in ServiceNow (REST API | ServiceNow Developers) and find an API for what you are looking for, you can create a Web API in BluePrism to communicate with SNOW.

On the DX, there are several SNOW skills available. Although they are not specific to your need (I don't think), downloading one of them to see how it functions will give you a good jump on how to accomplish your goal.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@yaoli are you trying to collect Blue Prism schedule information from ServiceNow, or are you wanting to collect ServiceNow schedule information from within Blue Prism?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

I want to collect Blue Prism schedule information from ServiceNow with ServiceNow Rest API.

yao li

I have two questions . 

1.I'm not familiar with Blue Prism, I found Blue Prism API here(https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-0/en-us/api-spec-7-0-1.html#tag/Schedules), I'm wandering if we can use those APIs to get Scheduler name, start time, sessions, and runtime resources infomation.

2.Is that possible to achieve the auto robot deployment if we send bprelease file from Servicenow to BluePrism? if so, how to do that?

yao li

Hi @yaoli,

The REST API you've referenced above can be used to retrieve and update schedule details in a Blue Prism environment. However, this API is only available in Blue Prism v7 and later.

For v6, and earlier, environments you would have to go another route. There's a command line utility called AutomateC.exe that you could leverage through PowerShell or other means. It supports working with schedules. You can find more information about it here:

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/helpCommandLine.htm?Highlight=AutomateC

You could create a VBO that implements the schedule specific actions from AutomateC and then expose that VBO as a SOAP web service. Then you should be able to invoke that from ServiceNow.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks Eric for your inputs.

yao li