cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of Alert stage in the enterprise solutions.

Good day, team!

I'm exploring the usage of the Alert stage in blue prism and how can we take advantage of it in the business processes.

Can you guys share your experiences and best practices with the Alert stage, as well as how it benefited your team?

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji,

I've used Alert stages a few times in the past with various digital worker use cases, but my overall preference is to use a different mechanism for alerts . Something that's more flexible and/or has broader reach.

What I mean is that the Alert stage requires that you have Blue Prism running locally in order to receive the alerts. That's fine in many cases, but I think having alerts available regardless of the device I'm currently on and channels I have active is more flexible. For example, I could include a stage that sends a MS Teams chat message in place of the Alert stage. Then I could receive the notification on my laptop, my mobile phone, my tablet, etc. And if I'm not active on Teams, I'll get a follow up email. ​

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks @ewilson.

This helped me understand the overall scenario here.

I tried to create different alerts and in the end, now I see that something better is always preferable.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead