cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use range for Dynamic Attributes

ThomasWarnaar
Level 4
Dear all, 

I would like to know if it is possible to somehow use a range as a parameter for a dynamic attribute. I have a vertical row of checkboxes in which I need to click a specific one. Somehow there are no distinguishing features between these checkboxes except for their screen location in the Y direction. I can spy the Y range from another field next to it, but now I need to adress the checkbox within the range of the top and bottom bounds of the other field. The parameters options however are only equals, greater than (or equals), smaller than (or equals) or does not equal. I can not find a way to include a range in this parameter. I need something like:   OtherFieldTopY < CheckBoxY < OtherFieldBottomY. 

Is this possible somehow?

Thank you!

------------------------------
Thomas Warnaar
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Thomas, no there is no way to enter more than one comparison value for an attribute. However, maybe Match Index could help. Y>=100 and Match Index=1 would retrieve the first item with Y at 100 or more. Y>=200 and Match Index=1 would get the next item below, etc etc.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,

thank you for your reply! It sounds like an interesting tactic, I'll give it a shot. I had already looked at the match indices of the checkboxes and they all showed 1 so I disregarded it as an distinguishing option but I'll try it with the parameters like you described and see if that makes a difference. 

Sincerely,

Thomas Warnaar

It worked!
Thank you John

Thomas Warnaar