cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Commandline to Archive Session Logs for Multiple Environments

foehl
Level 6
I am attempting to write a script to be triggered by Windows Task Scheduler to archive our Blue Prism session logs.

I have read through the posts on this community board as well as the knowledgebase articles and documentation on the commandline and know how to do this in a single environment setup, what I'm not clear on is how to specify which environment (or database) that I wish to run the archive task for when working in a multi-environment setup.

Our exact setup is that we have both a development and test environment setup on the same application server and using the same database server (but separate databases). The client on my machine is set to be able to connect to both environments using Single Sign On.

If I run the script (either on my machine or on the server), how can I specify which environment should be archived? Or does the archiving action run on all environments at the same time?

------------------------------
Felix Oehl
Belgium
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Felix you can use the /dbconname switch to tell the batch file which connection to use. By default the command line will use the current connection but you can override that, eg /dbconname "My Dev Connection"

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Felix you can use the /dbconname switch to tell the batch file which connection to use. By default the command line will use the current connection but you can override that, eg /dbconname "My Dev Connection"

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thanks John, that's just what I needed. It would be good if this could be made clear in the documentation.

Felix Oehl
Belgium