cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify Download Completed in Chrome

RahulBhatia1
Level 2
Hi All

I am working on a web application in which there is a mass download functionality, using which I need to download some files. After hitting the download button I need to verify if all the documents are successfully downloaded or not. Unfortunately, I don't know the file name and file size of the document which needs to be downloaded, those are mere links.

I can think of 2 approaches of doing so:

1. To check the difference between No. of files present before download and after download.
2. To check if the file downloaded has the file size.

I am curious is BP has some integrated functionality of verifying the same. If not so we have some other way of doing so OR which should be the better way of doing between the two mentioned above??

Thanks

------------------------------
Rahul Bhatia
Senior Consultant
Allstate Solutions Private Limited
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

JēkabsRutkis
Level 4
Hi Rahul,

There are several ways to go about this.
  • The option I would go for is to find a way to verify the file download in the browser. There should be either pop-up that states the download progress or you could go through the download history option of Google Chrome. Automation is what Blue Prism does and there shouldn't be issues to define steps on the verification in browser.
  • Verifying the download in file management also should be possible, however you have to know how may files are you expecting from the "mass download". You can clear the folder before downloading the files and check for the file count, however you also have to check for the file extension as Blue Prism would also see the files that are currently downloaded.
For the file verification you could use File Management VBO.

JÄ“kabs Rutkis
Developer / Dev Lead / Solution Designer
Accenture
Europe/Riga
Jekabs Rutkis [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]

PrasanthChiruku
Level 4
Hi,
I Hope you find this well.

There are many scenarios to know how many files downloaded:
1. Before downloading clear the folder
2. Better after download the files take the read the folder create a collection then make a decision with today date or before download an action create a current time and date compare with collection date then count files in folder.

Prasanth Chirukuri
RPA Developer
Zettamine
Asia/Kolkata