cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird situation with chrome

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi team,
a couple of question about chrome automation.
This is the situation, i have 2 different object: the first to launch chrome (with a navigate stage) and the second one to attach the login page. 

1) If i try to open chrome manually and then attach with the second object it doesn't work the browser spy mode. It works only if i launch through the first object and then attach with the second one. Any possible solution?

2) I'm not able to spy with win32 spy mode in chrome. When i spy with browser mode (second object) it works fine but no with win32 spy mode. So, i'm not able to maximise window.

3) Where i can find resources, guideline, best practice about the chrome automation?

Thanks in advance,
VH

------------------------------
Vrat Himbo
11 REPLIES 11

FYI- There is a new action added in Utility - General to retrieve information pertaining to currently open Windows on the desktop. The info includes Window Title, Class Name, Process Name and Process ID. If needed, this Process ID can be used in the Attach action of Navigate stage in your workflow.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/utility---general

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Shashank,

thanks for the input.

I have tried this already (well, something similar, making the VBO to attach loopwise to each chrome process by PID and then return to the main workflow and through a wait stage check if the target element is found. Otherwise, move onto the next PID and check again.

After attaching to each of the PIDs and the element being for sure there (in the Application Modeller it can be spied), the process ends up failing as for BP no element could be found.

Ramón Requena López