cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would happen when more # of processes run than # of permitted processes in license?

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi I'm wondering what would happen when more # of processes run at the same time than # of permitted processes in license such as 10. The exceeded processes have to be aborted instantly or waited until the preceeding running processes become done? I've tried set 15 processes scheduled to run, but the results were NOT always the same. Regards,
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Processes 11 onwards will fail to start.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi Thanks for your reply. Does it relevant to the Run Mode Runtime Resource says in the message such as ""process: My XYZ Process; Run Mode: Background""? Because I succeeded with 15 processes which are run in all Background Mode. And by the way, how the Run Mode is decided? I know Business Object has Run Modes such as Foreground/Background/Excusive. The Run Mode Runtime Resource says is the mode of Business Object Processes use? And mode of a process without business object would be Background? Regards,

Deep.Shah
Level 6
License limits concurrent sessions. You can refer - https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/what-is-a-session Even with background processes, it should throw an error when attempting to run sessions more than what is permitted.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Well, it doesn't always succeed. Most of the time, some processes, which is usually less than 10, become pending and do nothing. None of them succeeds and some of them get pending and then nothing comes about. Any ideas?

NiteshGoyal
Level 3
Hi, You will get the following message when you try to start the process instance 11 and you have only 10 licences. ""The requested operation is not permitted, because the license currently in use does not permit it. If you have recently updated your license (using this machine or any other on your network), you may need to log out of Blue Prism and log back in again in order for the change to take full effect