cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Interact API used for Communicating Back to Intercat

RaviKumar3
Level 5
Hi,
I want to return some values from BP process to Interact . Which action in Interact API we need to use and any addition config we need ot do in Interact form?

------------------------------
Ravi Kumar
Sr Automation Designer
Ericsson
Asia/Kolkata
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Ravi

This is a very simplified process for what I would do in that situation.

1. I would use the Get Next Item action to lock the queue item and obtain the Submission ID.
2. Use the Get Submission action to obtain the form data .
3. Use one of the Edit Field Value actions to update the relevant value (here I use Edit Text Field Value as an example).
4. Use the Move Submission to Inbox action to send the Submission back to the users inbox for review.
5. Mark Complete the queue item as work on this aspect of the Submission has finished.

3992.png
There are multiple ways for you to achieve the result you're looking for and I would encourage you to explore the VBO actions, Community pages, and User Guides for the best solution to your use case.

Hope this helps!

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

joefarr
Staff
Staff

Hi Ravi

I'm not sure how your form looks but you have several options to have a Digital Worker return values to an Interact form submission. If the Submission has already been raised and added to the Blue Prism process, you can use the Get Next Item or Get Submission actions and the Digital worker can then utilize the information provided and change any of the data in the fields using the various Edit Field Value actions in the Utility - Interact API object. There are also various actions to change the field states and move the submission to the most appropriate Tab. 

Alternatively, the Create Submission action creates a new form Submission on behalf of an Interact user and adds it to the Submission history in Interact and, depending on the delivery information chosen in the Basic information of your Form, either a Blue Prism Work Queue item, an email to a specified email address, or both. The Raise Submission action creates a submission and places it in the Inbox of a specified Interact user, thereby allowing them to view and make any amendments prior to submission. 

You can find more information on the Utility - Interact API object and the relevant actions here

Let us know how you get on!

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Thanks Joe for your response.

Sorry I am new in Interact. I can tell you the scenario in very simple language.
I created a Interact form and feeding one item itno BP process. Same is reflecting into BP interact queue also.
Now using BP automation I need to send back one data to Interact but I am not sure How to do it? Appreciate if you explain in simpler manner.

Thanks in advnace.

Ravi Kumar
Sr Automation Designer
Ericsson
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Ravi

This is a very simplified process for what I would do in that situation.

1. I would use the Get Next Item action to lock the queue item and obtain the Submission ID.
2. Use the Get Submission action to obtain the form data .
3. Use one of the Edit Field Value actions to update the relevant value (here I use Edit Text Field Value as an example).
4. Use the Move Submission to Inbox action to send the Submission back to the users inbox for review.
5. Mark Complete the queue item as work on this aspect of the Submission has finished.

3992.png
There are multiple ways for you to achieve the result you're looking for and I would encourage you to explore the VBO actions, Community pages, and User Guides for the best solution to your use case.

Hope this helps!

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Sorry for late response Joe.

It really helped. Thanks for your support.

Ravi Kumar
Sr Automation Designer
Ericsson
Asia/Kolkata