cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some AA objects fail to be recognized on unattended scheduled processes

JustinPiche
Level 2
We have a process that uses AA objects while saving files from a webpage using the windows explorer save as window. When I log into the Resource server and watch the process everything works as expected. When I run the process as an unattended scheduled process, the process fails to recognize the windows explorer objects, specifically the address bar causing the process to fail with an exceptions: "Could not identify process owning the current foreground window" and  "Unable to match any Active Accessibility elements to the supplied query terms" It's not clear to me why this works without error when I login to the resource server but not when I run it as an unattended scheduled process. I've tried adding 5 second wait stages in the process as is suggested on other forums. Thanks  
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If by 'When I log into the Resource server and watch' you mean you are using RDP (mstsc) to log into the resource machine, then that is the cause of your issue. RDP is not recommended as a remote access tool, primarily because the remote desktop is disposed once you disconnect. The destruction of the desktop means that things like Activate and screenshots won't work.

AndrewWatts
Level 3
This has just happened to me. A resource was running unattended and the process failed whilst trying to activate a window. The session was created by login agent.

DukeAmes
Level 3
I'm just getting into deploying my first process to production and it's failing when I schedule and disconnect from the server using remote desktop.  Global Send Keys Access Denied. What is the workaround for this issue?