cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window 10 Windows Security and/or Login Issues

Johan__Lüning
Level 2
Hello!

At my company we are in the process of migrating from VDI's running Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and although most things are going well, we are starting to notice some issues.

One is that when we use login agent, the robot doesn't seem to be logged in the exact same way it was on Windows 8.1. The way we have noticed this is with Windows Security pop-ups, which we run into every now and then when using iexplore. We have a separate object we use to attach to pop-ups like these when we want to interact with them, and that part works fine.

After filling in user and password and pressing OK, nothing happens on a Windows 10 VDI. On Windows 8.1, the pop-up accepts the OK press and goes away. On the Windows 10 VDI, we visually see (using Remote Shadowing) that the robot presses OK just like on Windows 8.1 (we have also tried tabbing to the button and using a Enter press instead). It all works, but nothing happens on Windows 10. Unless we log in to the VDI using Remote Desktop, then the OK press is suddenly "accepted" by the pop-up and it goes away.

So: the robot can fill in user and password and press OK in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, but only on Windows 8.1 the OK press is accepted right away. On Windows 10 we have to login to the VDI with remote desktop before anything happens. To clarify, we don't do anything other than just logging in, the OK button has already been pressed by the robot and we don't repeat that manually. But the action after that press does not happen without the "more physical" login.

Has anyone encountered this or anything similar?

------------------------------
Johan Lüning
Robotics Developer
Europe/Malmö
1 REPLY 1

AutomationSuppo
Level 2
Hi Johan,

We are also having issues with a new Windows 10 machine having to do with login. It appears that there is a screen saver that appears to block login. If I connect to the machine and click on it, then it logs in. We are supposed to have a policy that blocks the screen saver for all of our VDI, but this machine doesn't appear to be using it.

The other thing that I find odd is how long it is taking before blocking the screen. It appears to happen in 30 secs.

If anyone has any input for this issue please let me know.

Thanks,

Rich Dugas

Automation Support
Automation Support Mailbox
National Grid
America/New_York