cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Press Keys option in navigate stage

MayankGoyal2
Level 8
Hi, There is a option in navigate stage when we spy with application with windows mode - "Windows Key Press". Is there any documentation for this like we have for global send keys, I am trying to press tab with this option, however not sure how we can pass such keys with this option.

------------------------------
Mayank Goyal
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Gotcha, sorry about that!

I loaded up a test element and clicked the little blue "i' while in a navigate stage to see what we've got for our internal documentation. It looks like it's only intended to send text, and not special characters through. So if you want to fill a text field, this would be a suitable use. If you want to use special characters, you're probably better off sticking with Global Send Keys.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmiBarrett
Level 12
The shortcut you're looking for is Ctrl+Esc.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

@AmiBarrett ​- My question was related to detailed documentation on this function like we have for global send keys - https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2018-02/Guide%20to%20Send%20Keys%20and%20Send%20Key%20Events.pdf which clearly specifies what we have to use for different scenarios like, "TAB" or "ENTER" or "CONTROL+A" etc.

I am looking for details to do this with windows send keys?? Kindly suggest?

Mayank Goyal

When in doubt, my go-to cheat sheet is here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.sendkeys?view=netcore-3.1

It sounds like you're trying to have it send the keystroke for the windows key, though. That's Ctrl+Esc, or "^{ESC}". If you're in an environment requiring Send Key Events, I'd instead use "<{CTRL}{ESC}>{CTRL}" as these two methods have a slightly different syntax.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

@AmiBarrett - My apologies it seems i didn't framed the question properly and that confused you. I am referring to options in below screen shot. I am trying to understand the syntax to used in this option - "Windows Press Keys". We have good documentation for "Global Send Keys" function but nothing for "Windows Press Keys" function.

16163.png

Mayank Goyal

Gotcha, sorry about that!

I loaded up a test element and clicked the little blue "i' while in a navigate stage to see what we've got for our internal documentation. It looks like it's only intended to send text, and not special characters through. So if you want to fill a text field, this would be a suitable use. If you want to use special characters, you're probably better off sticking with Global Send Keys.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Hi Ami,

I'm having the same issue. I simply want to press TAB using Windows Press Keys. Using "{TAB}" does not work. I've looked through the documentation and didn't find anything for Windows Press Keys. Can you please tell me the exact command for TAB?

Sotos Stephanou

As stated in the previous post, Windows Press Keys is intended for text input, not additional command inputs such as tab, control, alt, etc. You'll want to switch to using Global Send Keys against the root element of your application model for that.

Ami Barrett
RPA Blue Prism SME
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX