cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Queue Item Key Encryption

Kirti
Level 2

Hello Guys,

I am working on the requirement to encrypt the Item Key of Work Queue.
I am using Encryption internal object to encrypt the item key and adding the data into the queue.

Second requirement is to skip the items which are are already in queue.
I am using Is Item in Queue action to check the existing items and if it's already there then removing the item and moving to next item.

But  after encryption we get random encrypted data and encrypted data is unique every time. So is there any solution I can do to check whether the item is already added in the queue or not?

Example - Data to add in Work Queue - 123123(Item Key)
                 After Encryption - 6VFOyYNOAwCFRVGVsBYG/g==:wk5+3K3WfPJajLj5FwRvtw==(Item Key)
                 Data added into queue.

Data to add in Work Queue - 123123(Item Key)
                  After Encryption - gsZEFrs61nNrqsZMj11Opg==:14MX9O5TIjE+dunuDEDipQ==(Item Key)
                  Is Item in Queue?
                  Result -  False

------------------------------
Regards,
Kirti
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
Hi Kirti,

I don't think it works this way,
You might have a need to encrypt the item key and check for duplicate items, but if you encrypt the item key, you will not be able to access the encrypted key once you cross the point where you get back the encrypted value, purely because item is present in the queue might be a simple direct where clause check in the database by the system, so any new data encrypted will not match the existing encrypted item key.

I would suggest to change the design, keep a track of item keys before they are encrypted, just from the top of my head,
either in the same process (provided you are doing queue addition in the same session) or in a separate queue item data with a unique item key (say 1), if you are worried about data encryption. just be careful of the list of item keys getting too big..

hope that helps.
regards,

Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
Hi Kirti,

I don't think it works this way,
You might have a need to encrypt the item key and check for duplicate items, but if you encrypt the item key, you will not be able to access the encrypted key once you cross the point where you get back the encrypted value, purely because item is present in the queue might be a simple direct where clause check in the database by the system, so any new data encrypted will not match the existing encrypted item key.

I would suggest to change the design, keep a track of item keys before they are encrypted, just from the top of my head,
either in the same process (provided you are doing queue addition in the same session) or in a separate queue item data with a unique item key (say 1), if you are worried about data encryption. just be careful of the list of item keys getting too big..

hope that helps.
regards,

Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata