cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you like to feel the power of LINQ?

TobiasArnold
Level 6
  • Are you sad about the limited BluePrism collection manipulation capabilities?
  • Did you have a bunch of collection manipulation VBOs?
  • What if you could query and manipulate collections in a SQL like manner?
Maybe here is a solution: https://github.com/toarnold/Coremoran.BluePrism.DynamicLinq

It is a BluePrism VBO (more or less) full wrapper around System.Linq.Dynamic.Core a library to query .NET collections and define the needed lambda expressions as a string.

There is no need to install DLL files inside your BluePrism installation folder, because the package uses NuGet and put the needed assemblies in a configurable directory.

Maybe you will find it usefull. Feedback welcome!

------------------------------
Tobias Arnold
RPA Developer
ITERGO GmbH
Europe/Duesseldorf
6 REPLIES 6

Manuel_Alejandr
Level 2
Interesting Tobias!

Will take a look at it.

Manuel Alejandro Velazquez Alvarado

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Tobias Arnold,

​Really impressive! Have you considered submitting this to the Digital Exchange?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

I will 🙂 But before I would like to gather some more information e.g. about what version of BluePrism is supported!? I developed the VBO with BP 6.10.1. I think it will work down to BP 6.9, caused by the dependency to .NET Runtime 4.7

Tobias Arnold
RPA Developer
ITERGO GmbH
Europe/Duesseldorf

Hi @Tobias Arnold,

Glad to hear you're thinking about placing it on the DX. 😁

As for the .NET Runtime dependency, are you looking at this relative to the specific Nuget packages you're pulling? If the Nuget packages support earlier versions of .NET then you should be able to use your VBO in earlier versions of Blue Prism​. You would need to run it through the Studio Display Fix utility though if you wanted to try targeting anything before v6.7 I believe. That's where some changes were made to the underlying XML structure of VBOs and Processes which causes the stages to appear stacked on top of each other. 

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

EmersonF
MVP
Very good guy, it will make life a lot easier!!
I will share it with my coworkers!!

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Hi @EricWilson1,

The bottleneck seems to be the dependency to ​Coremoran.BluePrism.Json. I went the easiest way and complied this package for .NET Standard 2.0 only. If needed I can add support for .NET4.5. The used libraries can be configured with the environment variables in BluePrism, so there is no "runtime magic" at the moment.

According to the BluePrism release notes, all versions from 6.0 runs on .NET 4.7 which will perfectly fit to .NET Standard 2.0.

Thanks for mentioning the Studio Display Fix tool. I'll will add support for BP Version 6.5 and lower in the next version.

Tobias Arnold
RPA Developer
ITERGO GmbH
Europe/Duesseldorf