cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write collection to excel

KumariYadav1
Level 5
Hi, 
can anyone tell me that how can we write some particular values or some particular column from a collection to particular cell of an excel?
i know we have write collection option but using this the whole collection gets written to the excel, but my need is to write some specific column from the collection to excel.
Please help me out with this query.

------------------------------
Kumari Yadav
5 REPLIES 5

EmersonF
MVP
You can run a loop in the collection, for example:
I want to record the value of the column "Name" in cell A2 and so on.... Using the action "Set cell value", pass the cell you want and the value you want, if you need to increment the cell in excel, use a count and pass "A"&[Count]

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

First perform all clean, filter, and anything that you want to do perform all steps on collection. Once you see your collection is filtered then directly save it entirely to excel. No need to perform excel operations rather perform collection operations and then export the entire collection in the end in one go.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

Hi Kumari,

If you want write only few cells, use set column value action.

If you want write only particular column values, use write collection action( before writing data in excel, remove unwanted columns from collection).

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Thanks everyone for the response.
This issue has been solved.

Kumari Yadav

Yeah somewhat I did like this. I use Split collection into the already  filtered collection, and then use write collection to the excel.
Using Split Collection -there will be two output collection ,so in one of that i put all the required column according to my need and then write this collection to the excel.
Thanks everyone for your valuable response.

Kumari Yadav