cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are not authorized to call this web service.

KalpeshGujrati
Level 4
I have a blue prism process which I have exposed as web service. But when I am consuming this process from BP in my local system, I am getting the below error. Please tell me what access is required for consuming the web service.

Internal : Unexpected error Error in web service - You are not authorised to call this webservice

------------------------------
Kalpesh Gujrati
Consultant
EY India
Asia/Kolkata
5 REPLIES 5

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Kalpesh,

The error will be encountered due to the following potential reasons.
  • The Username and Password may not be assigned while adding the exposed URL of WSDL file under the Blue Prism Settings > System > Objects - Web Services.
19657.jpg

• Or the Username or Password is invalid to authenticate the exposed WSDL file.
19658.jpg

To resolve this issue,
  1. Go to Objects - Web Services in the Blue Prism System.
  2. Select consumed WSDL and verify the user credential details by navigating through the Update Web Server link

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hi Jega,

Thank you. This is working now.

But I have one question here to ask is, I have one process which is downloading the data from SAP and after that performing some excel task. So when I am exposing this complete process as a web service and trying to consume it. I am getting an error as time occurs.

Could you please whether is it possible to consume the web service which has SAP and excel or not?

Kalpesh Gujrati
Consultant
EY India
Asia/Kolkata

It is absolutely possible to expose any object or procedure as a web service; however, if the execution will take a long time, you are most likely better off using a different solution architecture to accomplish it - essentially converting it over to an asynchronous call rather than a synchronous one. So instead of the current structure:

Process A: does full processing, exposed as web service

you could structure it as:

Process A.1: Accepts input parameters, putting them onto a queue

Process A.2: Polls for queue items, executes full processing, performs call-back

Or instead of having the callback in A.2, you could create a second web service - A.3 - which allows them to retrieve processing status, making it a proper asynchronous call.

Thank you,

Robin Toll
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Hi Robin,

After Adding the Items in the Work Queue, how are doing the Polling of items from Queu???(are you using any Blueprism Functionality or Batch File that would be executed??)

Regards,
Manoj

Manoj Kumar
Technical Lead
HCL
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Manoj,

We can use the active queue to achieve the below approach. Once the item is added to to the queue, it will automatically start our process on a defined VM.

Robin - Thanks for the reply. I am using the same approach now to achieve my goal.

Kalpesh Gujrati
Consultant
EY India
Asia/Kolkata