cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blueprism facebook research

delacochesilver
Level 4
Hello, I hope you are all doing well. I am currently making a robot that allows you to search in the facebook bar. any time, it is impossible to launch the search and this even after having written the name concerned. Has anyone come across this problem before? can you help me? thank you

------------------------------
delacoche silver
2 REPLIES 2

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @delacoche silver

I have never need to automate anything over Facebook. But in this case, I think it is easier if you run directly to the "search" URL from Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=name%20surname

Just replace "name" and "surname". And remember to replace to the space character " " with "%20".

I think is better to spy the search bar, cause you go immediately to the results.

Hope this helps you!!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi Delacoche,

You would be able to use the search functionality, if you write the search text followed by an 'Enter' key press. As you can see I got the below spied element on my Chrome browser:

30169.png

Now you can create an action as below where I am setting the search text followed by an 'Enter' character:

30172.png
30173.png
This should work for you. I am attaching the sample business object for your reference as well. Another thing that you can also try is to go with UIA mode for which to be enabled you need to pass your Facebook URL followed by "--force-renderer-accessibility" where you can perform similar actions. In past, I have used UIA mode to automate a birthday wishing solution on Facebook before and it seems to work reliably.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com