cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when importing a DLL - 'An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. '

leogarp
Level 3

Hello, 

I have the following error message when I try to import a DLL in Blue Prism :

"Metadata file 'c:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\*****.dll' could not be opened -- 'An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. ''"

I copied the DLL in C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate and I imported in Code Options > External References in the Initialise page of the VBO. After that I reboot Blue Prism (close and reopen BP).

Can you help me, please?

Regards,
Leogarp

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @leogarp ,

If you can provide us with screenshot of the what you have mentioned under the External References tab and show us where it has been pasted, that would help a bit more. 

Also, please provide us with the name of the DLL and let us know if that's an officially available DLL from Nuget or something internally built within your team.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

Hi @devneetmohanty07 ,

The problem is for the last 2 DLL, I mentionned their path in the External References.

I put the DLL in the Blue Prism folder.

leogarp_0-1718697313519.png

I don't know if the DLL is an officially available DLL from Nuget but they come from a proprietary software. So I can't give you the name of the DLL for now, sorry.

Best regards,

Leogarp