cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is possible to integrate the external REST web service in Version 5

ThiruP
Level 2
Hi Team,

Is possible to Integrate the external REST web service in Version 5 ,if possible could you share the document/url link.
If not possible which latest version support this external REST web service.We need to call all type of service (POST,PUT and GET ).
How to your team support this up-gradation.

Thanks,
Thiru

------------------------------
Thiru P
dev
test
6 REPLIES 6

HarishM2
Level 6
Hi Thiru,

Below link is the documentation for Web service  in version 5

https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-09/Blue%20Prism%20User%20Guide%20-%20Web%20Services_0.pdf

Harish kumar
RPA Developer

Thank you Harish

Thiru P
dev
test

Hi Harish,

Could you please share the document for REST service that link for SOAP service.

Thanks,
Thiru

Thiru P
dev
test

Hi,

Yes. You can consume external RESTful Web Services in version 5.x. but, unfortunately there is no official document for that implementation,
However, as of version 6.4, official VBO called Webservices - REST has been provided.
https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Studio/Visual-Business-Objects/1137533822/Which-Web-Services-are-supported-by-Blue-Prism.htm

So, you could grade up Blue Prism to version 6.4, or alternatively you could implement the Code Stage with reference with the offical VBO (Webservices - REST).

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Thank you Tetsuji..

I'll check for upgrade the version.

Thiru P
dev
test

I don't remember when the Webservices - REST object was introduced, but it should be available in V5. Even if it's not, you can just downoad it from the Digital Exchange and import into a V5 environment. In my opinion though, that object isn't all that necessary. I would just call the Utility - HTTP VBO directly and only provide the inputs that you need to use. One reason I'd suggest this is that I find it often unnecessary to do collection to json conversion when dealing with web services. It of course depends on what kind of data you're passing, but you may save yourself a headache by going straight to that HTTP object. As Tetsuji says, you could also write code to do it but I'd try Utility - HTTP first.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA