cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login agent failed

EricLi
Level 6
One of our run-time resource today failed to login by using login agent. The error message is : 信号灯超时时间已到. This Chinese may be saying "The semaphore timeout period has expired". How can I address this issue? 

------------------------------
Eric Li
Operation Analysis
AIG
Asia/Hong_Kong
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Eric - this article discussed multiple possible reasons for that error http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1171187192

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thanks John! But I cannot open the link. Any way I can get it?

Eric Li

AIG

Automation Delivery Team | China Service Center

9F, The Centerpoint (Shuion), 374-2 Beijing Road, Guangzhou, China 510030

Tel: (+86 20) 2882 5022

Eric-F.Li@aig.comwww.aig.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The information in this email (and any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by AIG for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Li, Eric-F 将撤回邮件“Re: login agent failed”。

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The information in this email (and any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by AIG for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Hi Eric it's an article in this Knowledgebase https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/

This is a cut & paste from the article but it contains more links to more articles, so if you can't reach these either, it may not be helpful:

How do I fix "The semaphore timeout period has expired" error when using Login Agent functionality?

When using the Login Agent component it is possible for the machine to not respond quickly enough and report the following error in the Session log:

"The semaphore timeout period has expired".

This error is usually an indication that the Login Agent VBO has timed out waiting to connect to the credential provider's named pipe. 

There can be multiple causes for this but the most common are listed below:

• Named pipes are blocked by policy or security software.
  • The policy requiring the SAS is still enabled
  • Another custom credential provider is loaded displacing the Blue Prism credential provider
  • The customer is attempting to use Remote Desktop with Login Agent

How to resolve this issue:

Enable the Credential Provider logs to help identify the root cause.

Also see the following articles for further information and solutions:

You may wish to involve your IT department to assist with such investigations.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thank you, John! I check them on my resource, but no findings. The issue is keeping.

Eric Li

AIG

Automation Delivery Team | China Service Center

9F, The Centerpoint (Shuion), 374-2 Beijing Road, Guangzhou, China 510030

Tel: (+86 20) 2882 5022

Eric-F.Li@aig.comwww.aig.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: