cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msi installer checksum

HemachandraSidd
Level 4
Hello,  Would like to know if there is a way to check the integrity of the msi file downloaded for installing blue prism ?( like checksum ) . Appreciate your response. Thank you! 
5 REPLIES 5

AmiBarrett
Level 12
There's a built-in command-line function to Windows called CertUtil. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-… Example: CertUtil c:\path\to\file.msi MD5 You can also specify other algorithms if you'd rather use those.

HemachandraSidd
Level 4
Hei ,Thank you for your response. However, does blue Prism provide checksum ( example using MD5 ) for a particular installation file for me to compare with ? I can run certutil on the msi i downloaded from BluePrism portal and get a MD5 for it. However, i would like to compare it with something to verify if it matches.   Thank you!

AmiBarrett
Level 12
As you said, Blue Prism does not currently provide a checksum to match against. You have two options: 1) Contact support to obtain a checksum, and/or suggest they publish this info 2) Download the msi from multiple systems and compare the checksum between them. Chances are, if it's the same, it's also going to match what's been put out for download.

HemachandraSidd
Level 4
1.  Agree with you on contacting support to include checksum information in their website. This is especially important when BP is installed at customers where security    is of high priority.  2.   Blue prism portal is the only official site for download of installation files. Not sure what you mean by downloading from multiple systems. Neverthless, having this included in the website itself is a good idea.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Correct - The portal is the only place to get the install files from. I just mean browsing to that page from multiple different systems, downloading the msi to each, then comparing the downloaded files.