cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ow to differentiate selected and un selected text

avinash.nyamati
Level 2
Hi All,

I'm working on a requirement  where process need to press Control+A and check whether texts are selected or not?

Could you please let me know how to achieve this in Blueprism?

------------------------------
Avinash Nyamati
Blueprism Developer
Aviva
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

DaveMorris
Level 14
Is this in Microsoft Word, in a web page, in a desktop application?

I may not be understanding your requirement, but I'll give it a shot. It sounds like you're needing to verify whether some text is highlighted after sending Ctrl+A. Do you know what that text is supposed to be beforehand or are you just needing to make sure some text is highlighted? Sounds like it may be something like that. As a quick suggestion, (of course you'll use send keys for Ctrl+A, etc.) after you send Ctrl+A, you could then copy to the clipboard with Ctrl+C, then read the clipboard in Blue Prism Calculation stage or Decision stage using the function GetClipboard(). Then you could verify whether any text or specific text has been copied. Note: You may want to first run the action 'Clear Clipboard' from the VBO 'Utility - Environment' first to ensure that you aren't accidentally using an old value that was copied before the current operation.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

HarshitRawat
Level 8
No sure this would solve your issue  but you can give it  a try

Spy the region which you want to check, then in wait condition check if the region is of uniform color( I am assuming if it's selected it would be highlighted completely in blue or grey color

Harshit Rawat