cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

root folder creation

ShreeAbhi
Level 3

How to create a root folder with a expression? for example I need to create folder called due date transaction in the output file but before that I need to create the root folder BEFORE THE OUTPUT FOLDER but can i create by adding new process and how? I did some process  till the decision stage and if no means bot need to create the root folder for that I gave expression but I don't know how to give that expression? Data type confusion because don't know what  I  need to insert ?

------------------------------
ABIRAMY PERUMAL
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Abi,

You can use the Utility - File Management : Create Directory action to create the root folder and the corresponding sub folders inside it. Refer the inputs in the below screenshots.

Root Folder:

15584.png

Due date transaction folder:

15585.png

Athiban Mahamathi - https://www.linkedin.com/in/athiban-mahamathi-544a008b/
Technical Consultant,
SimplifyNext,
Singapore

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Abi,

You can use the Utility - File Management : Create Directory action to create the root folder and the corresponding sub folders inside it. Refer the inputs in the below screenshots.

Root Folder:

15584.png

Due date transaction folder:

15585.png

Athiban Mahamathi - https://www.linkedin.com/in/athiban-mahamathi-544a008b/
Technical Consultant,
SimplifyNext,
Singapore

Really thanks but I still don't understand why root folder created but its ok slowly I  will pick up. After I create root folder can i create the folder of due date processing and inside that date folder 12 07 2023 and inside every date there will be exception folder and success folder. I can understand the process but whne come to the studio stuck am sorry really sorry.. Currently get some learning about environment variable.

Shree Abhi

15589.png I sthis corect way ma creating root folder and after that due date report , ?

Shree Abhi

Hello @Shree Abhi - Identify the Main directory (e.g. C:\Users\Automation Report 2023) where you want these root folders /sub folders to take place -

Now Step by Step - Suppose you have got C:\Users\User M\Automation Report 2023\ as the main folder directory - 

1) You need a sub folder which has date inside this main directory - Use Calc Stage - Create the Folder Path expression -

15592.png

2) Store this Path you have created - in a variable as shown in the above image and now use the File Management - Create Directory Action - 

15593.png

15594.png

3) Similarly Create the expressions for Exception Folder and Success Folder 

15595.png

Let me know if you face any difficulties doing this.

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

MichealCharron
Level 8

@Shree Abhi

This may seem a little kludgy but it works really well for us. We take advantage of the behaviour of the 
"MKDIR" command from windows command prompt which can build an entire folder structure all at once.

Our processes calculate a path into a data item:

15600.png
Then we use the "Start Process" action in Blue Prism's "Utility - Environment" VBO to call the "MKDIR" command:
Application: "CMD.EXE"
Arguments: "/c MKDIR """ & [Full Path] & """"
15601.png
"MKDIR" will create all the intermediate folders within the path if they don't already exist. With this we don't have to worry when months or even fiscal years change because the folder structure will always be created completely for us.

Micheal Charron
Senior Manager
RBC
America/Toronto
Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

thank you for the reply really thanks will do if any difficulties will post here sir..thank you sir

Shree Abhi