cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

third party solution for scheduling business processes

Dear Community, does anyone have any experiences using a third party solution for scheduling business processes? I would be glad about any answer, except for Microsoft Windows taskplanner. ;-) Thank you in advance Best regards Stefan Pappalardo
3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi Stefan, I presume Blue Prism doesn't fit your requirements then? We use adTempus for some scheduling, but we will be replacing it with Blue Prism (it's on the very long list). Regards, Steve

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I'd like to hear your reason for using a scheduling tool outside of the Blue Prism Schedular - so we can potentially feed it into our future enhancments.  Something to remember is the BP built in scheduler utilizes Resource Pools which gives you a certain level of DR (if one resource goes down another available one is automatically used instead).   I guess you could use any scheduler you want - before the built in solution we used to use windows schedular to kick off sessions - using some of the command line options available in the product.  That was a very poor solution (no pools, no ability to automatically start next task once previous one had finished, etc)

@ Steve: Thanks for mentioning adTempus. I didn't know about it yet. @ Denis: We are using BP V 5.0.18 which has some major issues with the internal schedule solution. For us it is unusable until updating to V 5.0.30 or higher.