cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asilarow
MVP

Currently, for some elements spied in Web mode, the "Element Type" combo box only allows a selection limited to the type spied:

Asilarow_0-1725444594464.png

This proves to be particularly troublesome when re-spying elements using "Application Navigator", as then the type selected remains the same as it was spied initially, even though the Attributes will be changed correctly.

This bug is problematic especially when trying to read the contents of such elements - for example a table.

Being unable to change the element type, reduces the actions available for a Read stage... and in the case of tables, does not show the "Read rows" action, unless the element was previously spied as a table.

Can this please be amended, so that the "Element Type" combo box allows selecting all of the types available for the spying mode used.

3 Comments
Asilarow
MVP

As a workaround, this can be manually edited within the Object xml, within:

/process/appdef/element/element/type

david.l.morris
Level 14

Edit: I've replaced my comment. I didn't know an Ideas section was added to the Community. I suppose this works differently now. I support this idea and shall click any Like buttons I see. 😃

Asilarow
MVP

Cheers Dave 🙂

Yep, finally the ideation page got more visibility across the community... which is a very welcome change indeed.