cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBrook
Level 4

Problem Statement:
Currently we have a number of use cases which require Python scripts to complete specific NLE activity or to support with the management of files such as:

• encrypting/ decrypting with specific PGP keys
  • converting protected PDF documents to unprotected, editable and readable documents for OCR extraction
  • managing multiple PDF documents such as deleting pages, merging documents

These scripts are currently utilised as standalone py files which are triggered via Blue Prism; but not within Blue Prism.

Proposed Solution:

• Include Python as a supported language within Blue Prism code stages
  • Provide Python as an installable supporting application alongside core Blue Prism product installer
  • Provide the ability to run 'pip install' to obtain dependencies for scripts all within Blue Prism.
12 Comments
MarinaPadurean
Level 1
It would be an amazing improvement. Let's do it!
IeremiasAthanas
Level 1
yes please
sanjayselvaraj
Level 1
Yes
NooraLeistiö
Level 1
Welcomed feature!
Anonymous
Not applicable
This Feature will help us a lot
BohyonHwang
Level 9

should be really amazing

EslamGhandour
Level 4

This is already available and you can do it by adding the ironpython.dll file to be available for your object studio. 

Refer to Code Stage document page 30 
https://community.blueprism.com/HigherLogic/System/DownloadDocumentFile.ashx?DocumentFileKey=c0683b90-4d0c-4c52-b20e-098a2eab426d

I do agree that it's considered a bit complicated and it can be simplified, but you still can utilize it.

RolfSyvertsen
Level 2

@EslamGhandour Thanks for the link. How and where did you find this document? 

EslamGhandour
Level 4

@RolfSyvertsen 
Usually when I face an issue I always search the community for situations like it. You can refer to this post where I found the document provided by one of the community moderator. 

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=385&MessageKey=2b0da48e-fa4f-4c7b-82e8-4d28d1d8b725&CommunityKey=1e516cfe-4d1f-4de9-a9eb-58d15bf38c81

RolfSyvertsen
Level 2

@EslamGhandour Thanks. I just wanted to understand where they have documents like that. I couldn’t find it on BP docs or anywhere else, so I wondered where they had placed it. It's a bit unfortunate when useful documents like this just are in community threads..