cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmettBlake
Level 4

​Extend Action Stage to dynamically call OBJECT/METHOD from a BO

Use case:
An actor validates medical provider licenses are current. To do this the actor must perform browser navigation to different medical board websites depending on state, provider type and specialty. The same data needs to be scrapped from all the websites (Provider Name, license start date, license expiration date).

Classic RPA problem. Check

If an Action Stage could dynamically call OBJECT/METHOD from a BO, the maintenance of implementing this could be simplified by flattening this (eliminating decision tree) through tabling an interface implementation.

Build a Collection with the following columns:

• Lookup,
  • Object,
  • Method

Stage that calls Collection Manipulation BO to get row by Lookup Column 
Stage that dynamically calls BO using OBJECT/METHOD returned from look up

The next question is how to handle input/output parameters of stages that dynamically call OBJECT/METHOD?  Pass one row collections (basically list of name value pairs).

37225.jpg
1 Comment

Hello @EmmettBlake,

Having reviewed your idea I'm going to mark this as "Not Planned" for the moment as we're not going to take this forwards. I understand the functionality that is being requested, but I'm not convinced on the value delivered and that this use case isn't quite niche, which the lack of votes from the wider community seems to support.

Though time consuming, I believe most organizations quite like the visible and clear decision making that happens when you have a choice stage with different conditions to put the flow through a specific node.

Regards,

Rob