cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonas
Level 4
Unlike some other vendors, BluePrism currently lacks the capability to 'record' interactions/flows, which could greatly increase the initial development time.

While I understand it is far from trivial, I propose the following user story;
  • process flows can be recorded on the level of VBO actions
  • when I start a new recording within a VBO, I can give it a certain name, this will be the name of the new action
  • during the interactions, I can toggle between the spy modes, in order to have better control on the application model. The recorded measures what actions are taken (click, keystrokes, scrolling)
  • input parameters can be specified before starting the recording, available for later reference during the recording
  • generic (but meaningful) names are automatically generated for data items and application model elements (e.g. button.Confirm, input.FirstName for elements) 
    OR
    during the recording, I have the ability to name spied elements and create data items in some way.
  • on finalizing the recording, a blueprint of the process is generated in a simple, naïve way. Adding branching logic, collections, etc... is something that can be done manually during development.

These are just some raw thoughts from my personal experience, remarks or additional proposals are more than welcome to enhance this idea!
1 Comment
John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It's always been a conscious decision NOT to have a recorder in BP, as we believe they are more of a gimmick designed to impress during the sales process, and won't result in better automated solutions.

That said, I can appreciate the desire to reduce the tedium in aspects of delivery, and maybe some kind of automated set up would be beneficial. But no recorder will remove the need for thinking - designing, scoping, planning and testing etc.