cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kishore_KumarDe
Level 4

I would like to see an in-build feature in blueprism which will allow me to select 2 things while scheduling or triggering a process:

1. Retry limit
  2. Defer time

Basically when I run a process on a particular resource or resource pool and none of the resources are available then the process fails. Instead of failing it should consider the retry limit and try to run the process again on the same resource or resource pool after the defer time limit. It will allow the process to wait for some time and let the resource be free.

5 Comments
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you for raising @Kishore_KumarDe

I understand what you are asking for, so I’ve set the status to Reviewed, so that you and the community can continue to add thoughts and opinions.

Follow-up questions to test my understanding:

1. I’m assuming you are wanting greater resilience if a Digital Worker is busy.  If we added a waiting system to each of the Digital Workers (resources), so that process would wait to be run if the Digital Worker was “busy”, would that also give you what you want?

2. If you had numerous processes all trying to be retried, does it matter which process is ran first / next?

Relates idea requests:

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

Kishore_KumarDe
Level 4

Hi @chris.strong

Yes, all the requests to run a process on a specific resource/resource pool will get queued up and trigger when the resource is available. It can be queue architecture(first come first serve) or a priority queue(like mention max wait time in case resource is not available before throwing an error). The processes that are nearing it max wait time will get prioritized.

Regards,
Kishore

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Brilliant, thank you for your thoughts @Kishore_KumarDe

I understand what you are asking for and I have left the status as Reviewed, so that you and the community can continue to add thoughts and opinions.

Relates idea requests:

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

dagoro
Level 3

Hello all,

this is a great idea that can help us a lot. With time planning is very difficult to optimize resources. You may know what time a process should start but you don’t know if the previous one is over. The idea is that the schedule does not error and is waiting for the resource is available. 

And it would also be good if you could add some more triggers to the scheduler. Not only time schedule if you don’t also, for example, have a schedule run when an item has been created in the queue.

Kind Regards!

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hi @dagoro,

Thank you for your comments.

Specifically regarding your comments to add “more triggers to the scheduler”, this is something different and also in our current thinking.  I suggest that you add your votes and comments to the following two requests, so you receive the updates on those too: 

Question: Is it still a schedule if it wasn’t triggered by a clock? (or is there an alternative name)

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism