cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JatinKalra
Level 5
As we develop a process on daily basis. 
Count of environment variable increases day by day. 
Although all environment variable store in dictionary format i.e. in alphabetic order.
But still its a big task to search environment variable from that long list of pages.

We should include search functionality there as same as process and object search in studio tab.
9 Comments
PvD_SE
Level 12
Additionally, it would be nice to be able to group Environment Values in folders. This would shorten the list and make searching them easier.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
HarshitRawat
Level 8
i think there is an idea already submitted many months back for grouping Env variables.. That idea combined with this one would be welcome enhancement
StefanPappalard
Level 7
Pleas don't add grouping​ folder function before adding a search function. In my hole opinion grouping will make the manual search more difficult.
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team
Hi Jatin,

Thank you for your idea. We've seen this idea suggested already in the community ideas portal so I've marked this idea as a Duplicate. The other idea has just been marked as under consideration so any and all responses and updates, and please direct all further discussions around this topic there so it's easier to track. 

Many thanks,
Amy 
StefanPappalard
Level 7

@Amy Tsaousi 

I don't think that this is a duplicate of idea ReRun Function in Controll Room you pointed to at Idea Details - Blue Prism Community Site.

Best regards

Stefan

AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @StefanPappalard Thank you for messaging - you are right I've accidentally linked to the wrong idea. I've updated the link in my official post now, but it should be linked to this idea: https://community.blueprism.com/innovate/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=a6d6352e-0567-4fbc-921e-f304af4621c4

Thanks again 🙂 
Amy

StefanPappalard
Level 7
Hi @Amy Tsaousi

Thanks for clarification. But this idea is also no duplicate to idea Grouping or Filtering Environment Variables at Idea Details - Blue Prism Community Site

Searching is something else than Grouping or Filtering. All together it will be good to implement it in one step. But without adding the "search" function to the referenced idea the result will be incomplete.

Best regards
Stefan​
Hi @StefanPappalard,

It seems to me that these two terms are often used interchangeably. When users say they want to "search" for a certain value they often want the list of results to be narrowed based on a specific set of characters and/or characteristics - to me this is the same as filtering. This is different than the traditional "search" functionality that you can get in something like Microsoft Word when you are directed to the first item and then you "search/find next" to move onto the next, without actually reducing the list of results.

If this idea is intended to implement the traditional "search/find" capability into the screen, then I think that you're right and it's not a duplicate - could you confirm if this is the intention?

If so, this idea will have to be considered based on its own merits apart from the value that "grouping/filtering" provides in the linked idea.

Regards,
Rob
StefanPappalard
Level 7

Hi @robert.nicklin,

I can only speak for myself, but yes I can confirm. And additionally I see in the Blue Prism Product (v6.10.1) filters and groups based on drop down lists only in the Control Room. With that said group filters without search would not be enough to me, personally.

Best regards
Stefan