cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter.Koller
Level 11

It would be nice to have a feature to 'copy' runtime resources in Control to the clipboard.

By copy I mean the hostname and/or the FQDN. Basically the '.nameof' method of the runtime resource.

(btw I am not sure but I guess the drop down box in the Submit Idea form naming 'Blue Prism Control Room' refers to web based control room? and Blue Prism RPA Product refers to Blue Prism Enterprise?)

4 Comments
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @Walter Koller

Thank you for raising, I’ve set the Idea Status to More Info please.

Within Blue Prism 7.1, there is an updated dialog that includes Resource details, including:

• The resource name (FQDN).

• The port that the resource is listening on.

• The Blue Prism version that is installed.

• Plus others (see Resources)

Questions:

1. Is it just individual fields you are wanting to copy or all the information?

2. What do you intend to do with this information? (it’ll help us to understand the format, if any, or determine a better solution)

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

Walter.Koller
Level 11

I don't know the dialog in 7.1 showing those details.

The intention of this idea is to have an option to copy runtime resource information from Blue Prism to the clipboard.

We show short names in Blue Prism but have to use FQDN for communications with several domains in use. 

If there is an issue we have to creates tickets with the RR name. Or we have to connect remotely using FQDN. Currently we have to look up in a separate list of get the RR name and FQDN. 

It would be much easier to copy this information directly from Control 

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @Walter Koller

Thank you, that all makes sense, I’ve set the Idea Status to Reviewed.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

Walter.Koller
Level 11

Hello @chris.strong

Sorry for the late reply but we didn't have v7.x at hand to have a look on what you mentioned.

We are evaluating BP v7.3 and I can see the details window of resources in Control. 

What I like most:

• seeing actual server and port the RR is connected to
  • FQDN 

Also nice are the timestamps for First Connected and Last Updated.

RR port and version is ok to get a complete picture I think.

I don't understand Environment information as our RR (port 8181) is shown as Client and another RR (port 8180) is shown as Resource. I guess this is topic for support.

I think it would also be nice to see the connection mode, like ASCR settings.

Basically this detail window is what I was looking for. 

Except... The current detail window does not allow me to copy this information 😞