cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Consolidation Exercise- Global send keys

JerielLaurel
Level 3
I have this error where the returning date won't grayed out which is supposedly should because the one way is ticked. It just didn't push through and leave the rest of the details blank. Is there any way to solved it? I tried to change the data type at the application modeller and leaving the data item at the object studio as text. Thank you for your answer to this.

------------------------------
Jeriel Laurel
3 REPLIES 3

CarlCarter
Staff
Staff

Hi Jeriel,

If I understand your query correctly, when you interact with the 'One Way' Checkbox, the 'Returning' field is not being greyed out when the 'One Way' field has been checked.

When working with target applications, you need to consider how a user would interact with a control. This is because application controls may behave differently if you attempt to interact with it in a different way. For example, if the user clicks a control with their mouse which in turn triggers an event to remodel the form, and you use a Write stage instead, the event may not be triggered.

In your use case, a user would use their Mouse to click the 'One Way' Checkbox, therefore we should attempt to perform the same through a Navigate stage.

Spy the 'One Way' field using HTML mode, ensuring you only capture the Checkbox and not the surrounding elements:

32990.png
32991.png
Then use a Navigate stage with the 'Set Checked' Action to update the field to True (checked) or False (unchecked):
32992.png

32993.png

This method will trigger the event on the form to set the 'Returning' field to read-only (greyed out).

You could also use the 'Click Centre' in the Navigate stage, however the advantage of using the 'Set Checked' is that you do not need to read the current state of the Checkbox before clicking it.

Regards,

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Again, thank you so much for your time in replying. 

I don't think the problem was with the application modeller as it was laid out properly. I tried to highlight it again (The one I spied) and i'm getting the exact spied object. So, what i did, i don't know if its right or best practice, i put another exemption to the GSK of returning date and add another navigate stage so that if it doesn't write the date, another one would do. And it works.

Jeriel Laurel

Thanks Jeriel.

For reference, the correct way to interact with standard textbox items / text fields is to use the Write Stage, and not the Navigate Stage using Global Send Keys.

You would only use GSK if:

a) unable to use the Write stage
b) the application behaviour requires key press activity

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London