cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome Extension Issue

AidanMcArdle
Level 3
There are many threads existing on this topic, yet none seem to contain a workable solution. I see one with responses from six days ago, but it is suggested to start a new thread.
I have also tried support tickets to no avail.

This has become high-priority for us now that IE has reached end-of-lifecycle. We are currently migrating all processes from IE to Chrome and this issue has gone from occasional minor irritation to high priority. We are currently at a point of breakage where moving the entire system to a UIPath is being mentioned.

Issue: Blue Prism returns error: 'Chrome browser extension not detected' intermittently.
Extension is installed and enabled.
From what I can tell, this is due to the port connection not being correctly severed, and therefore a new connection on the same port causes confusion in the app.

Suggested solutions trialled so far;
1) Increase wait time after closing chrome.
Result: 6 seconds or 60, issue can persist.

2) Ensure fixed port is selected in Blue Prism settings (or not).
Result: We have seen the error continue whether port is set as fixed or variable.

3) Ensure Chrome setting 'Continue running background apps when Chrome is closed' is turned off.
Result: Issue persists.

4) Exit gracefully via Chrome hamburger & 'exit'. OR Exit ungracefully using 'X' to close, followed by killing Chrome process via utility/task manager.
Result: These both close all instances of chrome. Unworkable in a process with multiple (up to four) systems open in Chrome at once.

5) Await updated version of Blue Prism (Current version 6.10.2) 
Result: The issue has been present for multiple versions now and still persists. 

6) Restart Automate.exe OR robot VM. 
Result. These do work! But are also unworkable for obvious reasons. Stepping in manually 20+ times per day (or night) is not feasable.

Can anyone assist? I'm reaching the end of my tether with this bug.
- [FirstName]
10 REPLIES 10

rsrivastava2
Level 5
Hi Mate,

Please refer to How to fix Chrome Edge Blue Prism extension issue

Hope this helps,
Regards

------------------------------
WeitghtRPAMatey
------------------------------
WeitghtRPAMatey