cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation Training : Consolidation Exercise

TomokoIshida1
Level 2
Hello the Community members,

Currently I'm working on the Consolidation Exercise of the Section 11, Foundation Training.

I'm trying to create Input Order action in Object Studio. Here is my problem : Centrix Data Solutions application does not accept an amount with decimals separated with "." for Unit Price. The amount entered in the Write stage always appears with a "." (ex 2.16) in the New Order window, even if I change the Excel options and select the decimal separator "," (ex 2,16). When I input manually 2,16, the amount is accepted and the window shows the total Order Value. When I do the same with 2.16, I get an error message " Unit Price is not a valid number. "

I would appreciate if you could help me.

Thanks in advance 🙂

------------------------------
Tomoko Ishida
2 REPLIES 2

andrew.beard
Staff
Staff
Hi Tomoko,

I suspect you're encountering some mis-alignment between your Windows - Decimal separator settings and those in Excel and the Centrix application.

Have you managed to resolve the issue, or do you still require assistance?

Is "," your native regional decimal separator?
It sounds like you modified Excel, but not the windows setting (temporarily) - see here on how to access - here
I'm unsure whether the changes take effect immediately or whether you're safer to reboot once the changes have been performed.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Andrew Beard

Andrew Beard
Senior Consultant
Blue Prism
Australia/Melbourne

Hi Andrew,

I could resolve the problem. 
Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at the link you sent me on Windows setting.

Kind regards,

Tomoko Ishida