cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Send Keys

SamLima
Level 7
what are Citrix applications? I have searched for it but I'm not sure I get the idea

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

Citrix is a server virtualization software which provides the ability to remotely connect to windows machines. There are cases where the application you want to automate resides within a Citrix environment and it's not possible to get them installed in the same environment as your Blue Prism infrastructure setup. There are different reasons like security, privacy, etc. where customers won't allow installations or runtime resources setup on these Citrix machines. Traditionally, Citrix applications are harder to deal with as the attributes are not readily available for such Citrix applications and every screen is perceived as an image while spying. They are also known as thin clients.

Vikrant Sharma
Senior Solution Designer
Blue Prism
Vikrant Sharma Senior Solution Designer Blue Prism

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

Citrix is a server virtualization software which provides the ability to remotely connect to windows machines. There are cases where the application you want to automate resides within a Citrix environment and it's not possible to get them installed in the same environment as your Blue Prism infrastructure setup. There are different reasons like security, privacy, etc. where customers won't allow installations or runtime resources setup on these Citrix machines. Traditionally, Citrix applications are harder to deal with as the attributes are not readily available for such Citrix applications and every screen is perceived as an image while spying. They are also known as thin clients.

Vikrant Sharma
Senior Solution Designer
Blue Prism
Vikrant Sharma Senior Solution Designer Blue Prism