cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key / Work Queue

SamLima
Level 7
34113.png **************Update I forgot to upload screenshot

where did these queue Items get their key from?

it's from BP Travel Templates

I can see it used Item Key to check if an item with a specific key is in Queue or not, but I can't find where it gives this Item to that key

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

The Item Key that you mention in the queue configuration is automatically mapped to column name of the collection that you will sending in the 'Add To Queue' action.

For example, you can see the queue configuration that I have for a sample process:

34068.png
Now, you see my my workflow just before executing the 'Add To Queue' action below:

34069.png

Since in my collection that will be added to queue, I have the same column name called as 'Product Code' that is the reason how automatically in the back end Blue Prism was able to understand which column value needs to be mapped as the key name for the queue.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

13 REPLIES 13

It is the column name of your collection that you're using while loading data to the queue.

So that column name you need to enter in Queue settings - Key Name field.

So in your workflow, you can add a new column and populate your item key the way you want and just provide the name of that column in work queue system settings.

34066.png34067.png
Here are example screenshots.

Hence the value in your Unique Key field will be taken as item key and you can see that in control room.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

Hi Sam,

The Item Key that you mention in the queue configuration is automatically mapped to column name of the collection that you will sending in the 'Add To Queue' action.

For example, you can see the queue configuration that I have for a sample process:

34068.png
Now, you see my my workflow just before executing the 'Add To Queue' action below:

34069.png

Since in my collection that will be added to queue, I have the same column name called as 'Product Code' that is the reason how automatically in the back end Blue Prism was able to understand which column value needs to be mapped as the key name for the queue.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

thank you @Tejaskumar_Darji

Sam Lima

@Devneet Mohanty, thank you but I mean in BP Travel Template what did the template put as item key in System Tab, I forgot to upload the screenshot

34072.png

Sam Lima

Hi Sam

Are you wanting to know how to set the key for an item when adding it to the queue? The key is set in the settings of blueprism under work queus (see screenshot below). The name of the key can be anything you want to match the data you are adding to the queue. In the vbo Work queues > Add to queue for the data collection it would be in this data that the key is set. It doesnt need to be called KEY for example if the data you are setting in the queue was a list of items taken from a database and one of the columns is called CaseID then you could set the work queue key name to be CaseID and when added to the queue this will be the key.

34075.png
34076.png

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London

Hi @Michael ONeil

So template didn't use Key in System tab? just the developer puts what he wants to filter on key field in the action?

Sam Lima

Hi Sam

Based on the screenshot you have provided it looks like the key is the Postcode Contact Number _ request date _ e.g. EY11ST07652378452_12/04/2022 this will likely be a custom key set in the column when the data was added to the queue.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London

The key name can be anything it can be KEY or CaseID, Name etc so if its still called KEY then when the data was added to the queue the Data collection would have had a column name called KEY and the rows in this column would be what is set for the queue key value.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London

Hi Sam,

Perhaps if you once check the queue configuration I think you will get an exact idea regarding what is the column name. By looking at those screenshots, my fair guess here is that they are reading the input file and then they are creating a custom column with a formula using right and left operation which you have shown.

Once the custom column has been created then they simply add the collection to the queue. In the queue configuration side as well, they name the 'Key Name' field according to that custom column only so that the calculated value as per the formula gets added as the Key Name for each queue item.

First check what is the Key name given in the queue configuration under System tab and then in your workflow see how that column value is being set up that should confirm my guess there.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty