cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key / Work Queue

SamLima
Level 7
34113.png **************Update I forgot to upload screenshot

where did these queue Items get their key from?

it's from BP Travel Templates

I can see it used Item Key to check if an item with a specific key is in Queue or not, but I can't find where it gives this Item to that key

------------------------------
Sam Lima
13 REPLIES 13

@devneetmohanty07  this is the queue used in BP Travel
34091.png

Sam Lima

Now, can you show me where the ItemKey column value is being set up in your workflow. This is definitely a custom generated column and it wont be a part of your input file (you can also cross verify that)

I think I found it in one of the workflows I had for the challenge:

34097.png

Here they are creating this column value via some formula and that same column name is being used in your queue configuration that is why it is getting mapped like that and you are also able to use the same formula in your 'Is Item In Queue' action while verifying if any queue item with same key name as generated by the formula already exists or not 

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

34102.png
expression has been written in key value field is not in key field within System Tab

@devneetmohanty07

Sam Lima

In System tab you just define column name nothing else no value no formula. If I let say add the Key Name as 'Test' tomorrow and if sometime in my workflow I add a custom column as 'Test' in the collection which I need to add in the queue as a part of my workflow then the same thing will appear.

34106.png

Since, here they are creating this column value via some formula that is the reason why you are also able to use that formula as a filter keyword for your queue item check in the 'Is Item In Queue' action as well. Here you see the column name is:34107.png
and the same column name as been provided as your 'Key Name' in the queue configuration

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.