cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying a web application

CharlesOkeke
Level 3

Hi,

I'm working on TRAC  but for some reasons, after spying a web window app and highlighting it, it seems fine but when I run my process, it throws in an error message like this below. Another thing is when I go back in the application modeller to highlight same window, it says "Missing application link"

33258.png

If anyone is working on TRAC web application, your assistance will be appreciated. Thank you

------------------------------
Charles Okeke
RPA Business Analyst
Salisbury Foundation Trust NHS
7 REPLIES 7

Is this a user-generated exception from the object layer? Can you show what is the logic condition where this exception is thrown

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

This is a system exception. See attached below

33232.png

Also see the attributes in the Application Modeller, Maybe that's part of the problem

33233.png

Thank you.

Charles Okeke
RPA Business Analyst
Salisbury Foundation Trust NHS

Yeah, you are most probably right the element BP is looking for is not working. You should try to re-spy it and select the appropriate attributes.  There is also a webpage address element so it will look for the exact URL while matching it so ideally that is not a good attribute to use. Or else you can use a wildcard in the match type column.

Should be a quick fix and nothing major.

Let us know if respying the element helps.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

please kindly explain about the highlight function and in application modeller

Shree Abhi

Hi shree Abhi,

If I understand you are referring what need to be selected for the element "Vacancy MGT window ".

In general to make elements resilient we need to play around by checking different attributes in the application and find out the best  attribute selection. It is difficult to provide exact attribute selection base on the screenshots provided.

Based on the screenshot -  I generally  try to avoid below attributes

i) Web page address( I never select this attribute because if the application we are spying has multiple environments . when we are developing the URL might be associated with Dev, in QA it will be QA URL similarly in prod,  URL Is keep changing for one environment to another environment for the same application so that why I try to avoid using  this attribute)
ii) Web Path /XPath - Depends on the application I probably use this option  Some times it is necessity to use this attribute but  It will be my last resort.

Note: It's best to unselect  attributes having empty values  - Its just my preference but other  in the community  may have different opinion/experience based on the application they tried to automate

What I usually  select in browser mode :
i) Web ID  - This one  will be dynamic based on the application so  need to careful and test thoroughly if you are trying to select this atttribute.

ii) Web Element type - 

iii) Web text

iv) web Place holder Text
v) Match Index

Note: Not all the attributes are necessary to select  need to play around and identify the best combination.

if you are question is related to

Wait stage Check element exist   -  It is checking the elements you spied ("Vacancy MGT window ") is present in the site or not. If any reason this element is not present it will throw exception stage(Probably  exception details   provided  as "Authorisation window doesnot appear")  added after the time out  in the wait stage

Reason for the wait stage check element exist failure  -
i) That element spied is not present or application not launched or some thing similar

ii) If you are able to see the element but not able to identify then it might be related to spying issue.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Thank you for the answer but am using the web application chrome for the chrome spying shall I use the same as per your previous answer?

Shree Abhi

Hi shree abhi,

You can try the suggestion mentioned above,

But my suggestion is Playaound and find the attributes based on how application is responding 

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]